Hey Friends of BNB!
Here’s something that I’ve been oddly resistant to but it seems more frequent our guests are requesting that I provide them a check list of things to do before checking out.
I guess after about 18 months, I have to wonder how all our guests survived without a checkout list and so I have to wonder.
I would imagine it can be pretty stressful if you don’t know to what standard the host will hold the guests to in terms of the condition of the house. And if you don’t, in some cases, though rarely, people will feel like it’s permissible to leave some greater mess that what we would expect.
I believe we start each new booking with such a clean house, people naturally (most of the time) obligated to do a decent job of keeping things in order.
So, okay, here’s a draft of some of the things I thought of for our place, maybe it’s help both hosts and guests alike. Your place may be different and may have more or less expectations.
GENERAL GUIDE FOR PREPARING THE HOUSE BEFORE CHECKOUT
- Put garbage in a trash can, but not necessarily in the bins outside (we often use used trash liners in the process of our cleanup). If it’s full, you can take it outside to the bins.
- Wash Dishes, or rinse off chunks (and empty out into compost bin under sink) and wash in dishwasher using the supplied soap tablet.
- Cleanup any spills anywhere at anytime.
- Do not leave towels on floor, leave on the towel racks or the supplied dirty close baskets okay.
- Do not need to take sheets/linen off beds.
- Leave any used blankets on the beds (normally stowed in a package in the closets), do not put back in their plastic storage cases.
- Not necessary to restock food you have eaten.
- Turn off and unplug coffee makers and hot water pot, blender, and other countertop applicance.
- Clean top of stove (mainly wipe up spills) but not with anything abrasive.
- Do not flush garbage down any sink or toilet (toilet is used for only what is normally expected).
- Do not leave unwrapped food out, especially candy, best to dump out garbage in compost bin outside and best wrapped in a compost bag to reduce chance of attracting pests. Similarly, Seal up used diapers, especially the #2 kind, and put into garbage bin outside.
- Turn off water faucets, shower, bath
- Shut garage door, make sure garage door opener is in its wall-mounted location.
- Turn off heater, air conditioner, microwave, stove top, oven.
- Turn off lights and shut windows.
- Shut and lock doors on the way out
THANK YOU FOR STAYING AT SWEET, BRIGHT, FRESH
Please like, share, comment, follow my blog or contact me if you have any questions, or if you’ve got some nice tips.
Copyright © 2018-2019 Challen YeeAll Rights Reserved.