Have you ever wondered if it was worth lending your house to someone who wanted to have a one-day “celebration”?
Especially if you do not have built in book-end days before your next potential booking, meaning that you only have a few hours to clean between different bookings, here are 8 reasons why you should NOT book to guests wanting to use your house for their party space:
- People just do not care as much about being clean when they don’t have to live there. Especially all the extra guests who don’t plan on staying over night who are not signing an agreement to any house rules. I’m not saying that people are necessarily bad, they just do not have as much at stake to keep things clean.
- A party will fill your garbage cans quickly with smelly rotting food mixed with alcohol to smell just like a back alley sewer in San Francisco.
- Large amounts of alcohol result in inebriated people who spill liquids, make floors sticky and harder to clean, along with your arm chair, sofa and tables.
- Inebriated adults cannot supervise young children.
- The responsible adults are policing the inebriated adults, and are not watching their children, or they are watching their children and are not watching the inebriate adults. Hell, they could be inebriated, cause, hosts just want to have fun.
- You can attract unwanted attention by creating a parking lot in front of your place.
- Especially if you have a no-shoes-in-the-house rule, which one-day guest/host is going to police their one day visitors to take their shoes off as they go in and out of your house wth a tray of food and drinks?
- Remember, outdoor shoes carry floor destroying micro and macro matter and have stepped through many public bathrooms. Enough said.
The end result is, even if you charge extra for cleaning, you will have to spend more time cleaning and risk damages that you have to go through the process of proving, not to mention the anxiety wondering if any of this is true.
Please like, share, comment, follow my blog or contact me if you have any questions, or if you’ve got some nice tips.
Copyright © 2018-2019 Challen YeeAll Rights Reserved.